Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day Seven

Plenty of free time today. Which I like. I finally figured out what I'm doing for my soapbox video. I'll try to write the script tonight. I think the topic is "a video guide for new teachers" or something about how I believe you can't be a quality teacher if you only work from 745 to 315 or whatever your union contract says. The other choice (and I may do both) is a video instruction guide for substitutes about what my rules are. This would alleviate the sub not taking responsibility and the kids couldn't pretend that "Mr. Cummins always lets us smoke in class" or something similar.

We did some sharing with grade level and then subject. The problem is that the grade level people have already heard about our projects. The subject level was actually enlightening to me as I wasn't sure what sort of social studies a 2nd grader has, for example.

The photo class was pretty cool, but again, Adobe Bridge isn't at my campus. Which makes the class a bit frustrating.

No comments: